Within the LINC project, Alchema is responsible for the conception, design and coordination of activities and partners. The partners involved are: Triwù, Touring Club Italiano, Touring Servizi, Incoming Partners, LineaGrafica, with the collaboration of Radio Francigena and MagutDesign.
The region of Lombardy is rich in itineraries that represent an important resource for the territory’s valorization, if properly promoted and enhanced. Currently the information on Lombardy’s paths is incomplete, partial and fragmented. The different sources available, both printed and online, are not uniform with regard to data and information, and of uncertain reliability.
12 PATHS TO VALORIZE AND INVOLVE THE TERRITORIES
LINC has chosen 12 paths of the Lombardy Region. It is based on a strong involvement of the territories crossed by paths, associations that promote slow mobility and associations of potential users: municipalities and provinces, associations of paths, local authorities, Tourism Boards, schools, associations that promote accessibility.
Actions of the project:
- Production and promotion of integrated tourist packages, for diversified targets;
- Definition of visual identity and adequate and effective signage along the routes, designed as a system of physical and digital “over-signals”;
- Creation of an editorial product, the Paths guide. The guide will feature cartographic elements and an English version and e-book format will also be created;
- Application of a Model of Analysis of the Paths and itineraries in Lombardy, applied on a selection of Paths;
- Development of a multimedia platform that will guarantee maximum visibility to the system of paths in the Lombardy region.
Moreover, the Cammini di Lombardia app is available for free in Italian and English on Apple store and Google Play store.
Also, an interesting tourist guide has been realized by the Touring Club Italiano with the 12 paths involved in the LINC Project; it is possible to download the e-book version of the guide for free until the end of December, at this link: https://amzn.to/2EG3Exv
Linea Grafica snc had instead realized a dedicated brochure with signs and gadgets related to the LINC Project, at this link the pdf version: https://bit.ly/2GmGMni
Every Tuesday, at 7.30 pm, Radio Francigena will broadcast an episode (12 episodes in total) dedicated to the paths involved in the project.
The podcasts are available at this link: https://bit.ly/2Fa52IL